Bodycam And Security Footage Released Of Bank Robbery

Graphic video shows the four-minute shooting rampage by a gunman in the lobby of Cincinnati’s Fifth Third Center on Thursday morning.

Cincinnati Police released edited clips from security cameras in the building of the gunman with his arm extended randomly shooting at people.

The shooter, 29-year-old Omar Enrique Santa Perez, died in a hail of bullets from officers who rushed to the scene. Four officers with 9mm handguns, a rifle and a shotgun shot through a plate glass window and killed him. Investigators have not determined which officer or weapon killed Perez.

Perez managed to shoot five people. Three died and two others survived and are hospitalized, including a Louisville woman.

Whitney Austin was shot and is currently at a Cincinnati hospital. Louisville Collegiate School sent a letter to parents, saying she was among the victims. She’s the parent of a Collegiate student.

The other wounded person was last reported in critical condition.

Body cam footage released by police shows the shooting from the officers’ perspective, as they run toward the gunfire.

They spotted the lone gunman in the lobby and exchanged gunfire. Police Chief Eliot Isaac said the video was edited, but the officers then rushed to help the victims.

Chief Isaac also showed security footage that shows how security officers stationed in the lobby tried to get people to safety, and you can see them escorting people into a hallway near a bank of elevators.

Police have not been able to determine a motive for what drove Perez to open fire at the Fifth Third Bank headquarters. But they said the 9 mm semi-automatic handgun was purchased legally in Cincinnati in August.

Perez was able to fire 35 rounds before being killed by police. He was carrying a briefcase with an additional 250 rounds of extra ammunition. Chief Isaac said the time elapsed from the first shot at 9:06 a.m. until Perez was killed was 4 minutes and 28 seconds. The first 911 call came 55 seconds after the first shot, and it took police 3-and-a-half minutes to arrive on scene.


Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *